Thursday 21 June 2012

Reasons to be Cheerful - A Blog Hop Post

This article was first published on The Vegetarian Experience on 29th December 2011

This week, I have decided to join in the Reasons to be Cheerful Blog Hop over at Michelle's Blog, Mummy from the Heart.

Since losing my job last year, and having several other rubbish things happen to me, there has not really been much to be cheerful about this year. But as we draw to the close of the year, I can see that there have been things to be cheerful about, even in all of the rubbishness of not having a job and having to live in a place where we hate living.

So here they are...

1) My first reason to be cheerful is my family. Knowing that there are people in the world who are desperate to start a family and for a variety of reasons cannot. Knowing that there are men and women in the world who do not treat their partners or children well, and knowing that there are children in the world who are not experiencing a happy childhood, who don't know what it is to be fed, nurtured or cared for, are used as pawns in relationships and are often being so horribly abused, makes me so thankful to have been blessed with my Hubby and two girls and to just have a normal family life.

2) My second reason to be cheerful is for the lovely Christmas we have just had, after all the stress in the lead up to it. Daddy got to stay at home and spend time with the girls and they absolutely love having him around rather than just seeing him for a few minutes in the morning and at night. I have enjoyed having him around too as he has been able to help with the childcare, household duties etc & his not being at work means we have been able to stay up late together watching DVD's and playing on his new Kinect!.  Here are some snaps from our Christmas together so far.

Off to the Abbey on Christmas Eve
Daddy & his girls before Carols at the Abbey Started

Presents at home
Presents on Boxing Day
Presents on Boxing Day
3) My third reason to be cheerful is my blog. This year, writing my blog has kept me sane and given me something positive to focus on. Not having a job for the last year has been really rubbish. I have been for numerous job interviews, but because I can only work part time due to the children, it is harder to find a part time job than a full time. Writing my blog has kept me focused, kept my writing skills finely tunes and has also given me a sense of personal achievement and the feeling that I am more than just a "Stay At Home Mother or "Housewife/Homemaker" which is what the Government defines me as. Hopefully in 2012 I will be able to find some work...

4) My fourth reason to be cheerful would have to be that even though we hate where we are living and are desperate to move back to where we used to live, at least we still have a roof over our heads, food on the table, nice things and are not in mountains of debt. Even though to me, my house and my lot in life pales in comparison to some of my counterparts, when I think of people in this country and indeed in other countries who have so much less than I do, I know that I should count my blessings and be thankful for what I have.

So that's it - these are my reasons to be cheerful for the last year and the reasons I will be cheerful going into 2012!.

You can view other blogger's reasons to be cheerful by visiting Michelle's Blog, or by reading the #R2BC hash tag on Twitter.




Reasons to be Cheerful at Mummy from the Heart

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...