Wednesday 20 June 2012

Please Don't Touch My Stuff!

This article was first published on The Vegetarian Experience on 5th October 2011


A plea to my family in the genre of poetry...


PLEASE DON'T TOUCH MY STUFF!!

Kids, I just love you so much, 
But if there's one thing that winds me up, 
It's when you think you're so grown up,
That you can touch my stuff!

My phone, my keys, my camera too,
My make-up, jewellery and my shoes,
I know you're only four and two ,
But PLEASE DON'T TOUCH MY STUFF!

Even though you're taught to share,
Your books, your toys, your teddy bear,
What's mine is mine, so kids beware!
and PLEASE DON'T TOUCH MY STUFF!

You broke my sunglasses as I recall,
You broke my necklaces, you lost them all, 
You're only playing, you're only small,
but PLEASE DON'T TOUCH MY STUFF!

Hubby, you're not exempt in this, 
You broke my best Nigella Dish
And just last week my IPad vanished 
So PLEASE DON'T TOUCH MY STUFF!!

One day I'll live with trinkets on show, 
With pretty diamonds and lovely clothes, 
No toys on the floor to crush my toes,
and No one will touch my stuff!

Until that day, we'll battle through.
I'll hide my belongings, old and new,
But one more thing, I beg of you, 
Just PLEASE DON'T TOUCH MY STUFF!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...